The Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions
10. Do I have to belong to a certain church to apply for admission? No, Mount Pleasant Christian School is a non-denominational school. Currently our student body represents 20 churches in Southeastern Iowa.
9. What is the cost of tuition? How will I be able to afford it? Tuition rates are very affordable and discounts are available to certain families. The cost of tuition is dependent on the amount of children per family enrolled. For more information, please pick up an informational packet or call our office!
8. What grades do you offer? We offer Kindergarten through 12th grade.
7. What curriculum do you follow? MPCS uses two leading producers of textbooks for Christian schools, the A Beka and Bob Jones curricula.
6. I hear that Mt. Pleasant Christian School is committed to academic excellence. If I enroll my student at MPCS, will they fall behind? MPCS recognizes that education is a journey, not a race and makes every effort to reach out to children of all abilities. Our teachers recognize that students have different learning modalities and will offer assistance and learning strategies for students of all levels.
5. Is it possible for our child(ren) to visit the school and meet their prospective teacher(s) and classmates prior to making an enrollment decision? Absolutely! We encourage students and/or their parents to visit for half a day or more to assist in the decision-making process.
4. What do my tuition dollars pay for? Your tuition dollars go directly towards the general operating budget of the school, which includes compensating our faculty, purchasing curriculum, paying for utilities, etc. Money obtained from school fundraisers also aids in the cost of our operating expense as well as funds other school projects.
3. What distinguishes the Mt. Pleasant Christian School faculty when compared to other schools? Our teachers are best described as both committed Christians and outstanding educators. They are dedicated to meeting the unique needs of every student in their classroom through a variety of teaching strategies.
2. Are parents encouraged to get involved at Mount Pleasant Christian School? Of course! We believe that the education of your child is a partnership; therefore, we're glad for you to participate in various opportunities throughout the school year (i.e. Parent/Teacher Fellowship, room parents, field trips, lunch room help, office assistance, fundraising, etc.).
1. Why should I send my student to Mt. Pleasant Christian School? It’s true, your child could receive a quality education at many schools. However, at Mt. Pleasant Christian School, our faculty and staff treasure and love your students. We want your students to grow and develop spiritually as well as academically. As one parent recently put it, “I love that my son is at a school where he is exposed to moral values. I know that he is being taught right from wrong and is prayed for every morning by his teacher. A Christian education is something you can’t put a price tag on.”
Mt. Pleasant Christian School
1505 E. Washington St
Mt. Pleasant, 52641
Tina Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org